Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Game


Yesterday was not the high point of my life, or of any other BYU fan's. As we all sat in the stands of the Lavell Edwards Stadium, jaws wide open, as Florida State thoroughly kicked our trash. It wasn't so much a battle but a slaughter. It was all I could do not to run onto the field and shake Max Hall by the shoulders. I don't think I have ever seen a larger crowd of people whose moods matched exactly the color they all had on. It is amazing how all of those dreams of one college can go down the drain in an amount of hours.

Although there was this university-wide depression, my friends and I still managed to find joy. In a movie called Nacho Libre. If you haven't ever seen it...you aren't missing out on much, believe me. Unless you find enjoyment in a movie that is full of this...



for a solid hour and a half. It's great stuff.

I am teaching a lesson today in relief society for the first time and, to say it lightly, I am scared out of my mind. I have been agonizing over every little sentence and am sure that I am going to freeze up as soon as I get up there in front of all of those people. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment